Saturday, December 7, 2019

LAME STORY

LAME STORY



I have a cat
A cat named Cat
But the cat can't seem
To hear when I say Cat

So I took her
To the doctor
He said she was weak
And her vision was blur

Disappointed I came
Thought about her name
Bob, Harley, Puff, Snowball
But she heard when I said Lame

Lame was pretty
And a little too gritty
Yellow on orange or the other way
But oh she was zitty

Lame didn't know
Her world I couldn't blow
That she can't see
That her eyes were hollow

Daring as she was
Without a valid cause
Launched herself from shelf
To claim my chair with paws

Maybe the light was too bright
Or her weakened sight
Cause chair was on the left
She landed on the right

A thump sound came
Down came the rain
And I realized
I had lost my dearest Lame

On the funeral day
When everyone got away
I found a cute Minskin
And I named her May

So the next story
Of love and glory
Will be of May but
undead, don't worry!


~THE POETESS
 

1 comment:

BABY SOUL

BABY SOUL I walk aimlessly Through shadowed seas Entwined in my thoughts Like a dead living fairy I see the ...